About Our Market
June 6 – October 24
Saturdays, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
With a nod to Oak Creek’s agricultural roots, the Oak Creek Farmers Market offers the best of a classic farmer’s market while being located in a contemporary community gathering space. Our wide-open market offers locally grown farm fresh foods, such as vine-ripened produce and fruits, cheeses, eggs, meats, honey, and flowers. Seasonal items, such as strawberries, apples, and sweetcorn, are also available at their peak of freshness. The proximity to Pizza Man, Cubanitas, Chocolate Factory and BelAir Cantina, as well as Gigi’s Cupcakes and Valentine Coffee, offers patrons a wide variety of food and beverage options to enjoy before, during, and after your time at the market.
A Message from the Market Manager
“Just like you, I can’t wait to get the market season started. We have 30 of the best farmers and vendors in the area signed up to attend our 20-week season. They are 100% committed to keeping your safety their top priority.As we start on June 6, the market will look a little different and new rules and tips will be in place in an effort to keep everyone safe and healthy. Vendors will be separate and spread out all over the square, to allow customers room to walk. It might take a few minutes to find your favorite, as well as the 8 new vendors for 2020. We need you, the customers and community, to follow the rules and tips approved by the City of Oak Creek Health Department.We are also excited to tell you about a new way to purchase items from the market. You can pre-order your products and then pick them up using our new drive-up area. We will be starting small, 10 vendors at a time, adding more each week. Please be patient, this is new to all of us. You can find more information about the drive-thru option below. Guidelines may change, so please check back here a few days prior to attending our market.”-Dawn Carrillo, Oak Creek Farmers Market Manager
Safety Tips for the Market
- Please don’t attend if you are sick. If you are a member of a high-risk or vulnerable group, please use the drive-thru option.
- Get in and out of the market as quickly as possible.
- Leave your dog/pets at home.
- Wear a mask or cloth face covering when at the market.
- Only one person from each household should attend. Please don’t bring your entire family.
- We will only be using disposable bags at this time; please don’t bring reusable bags to market.
- Sanitize your hands before entering and again as you leave. Stations will be available on the 4 corners of the square.
- Please keep at least 6 feet of space between you and other customers. The vendor layout has been spread throughout the square to allow for more space between individuals.
- Please don’t pick up any products unless you intend to buy them.
- Use a card or exact change when possible. Be prepared with small bills and change.
- We left the tables in the square in case people need a break from walking. No eating or drinking is allowed at the market, please enjoy your items at home.
NEW Online Ordering!
Tips for the Pick-up Area
- A list of participating vendors will be available with links to their online stores. Place your order directly with the vendor.
- Drive-thru opens at 10 am each Saturday.
- The drive-thru is located on Main Street in Drexel Town Square, please watch for signs.
- Vendors will start taking orders the Monday prior to the market.
- Think of your trip as your weekly grocery shopping trip – consider purchasing veggies, bread, meat, eggs, etc.
- We strongly encourage you to support multiple vendors. If you don’t see your favorite vendor on the list, check back next week.
- Shop for a friend! If you have a friend who also loves the market, consider offering to pick-up their order on their behalf.
- Please be patient. If you aren’t able to place an order please try the following week. We will be continuing for the foreseeable future.
- We cannot process Foodshare (SNAP and WIC programs) when online purchasing.
- Please remember – this is a marathon and not a sprint… if you don’t order the first week, never fear, there will be more opportunities!
Thank you to our generous sponsors, Savaglia Financial and U.S. Bank, who are covering the drive-thru costs, allowing the Oak Creek Farmers Market to run this program free of charge to all. Also, the owners of Forge and Flare Apartments for the use of rental space, helping this to become a successful safe option for the community.
Become a Vendor
We are looking for quality farmers and vendors to provide handmade and homegrown products for our community. If you are a Wisconsin-based farmer or producer, we invite you to become a vendor at the Oak Creek Farmers Market.
Food Assistance Programs
We believe everyone should be able to enjoy the freshest produce from the Oak Creek Farmers Market. We now accept SNAP & WIC programs. Families on these programs will receive double dollars up to $10 per week. Visit the Oak Creek tent at the market for additional information about the SNAP/WIC exchange.
Sponsored by Martin Law Office.
Stay Up-to-Date on the Farmers Market
There’s always something great happening at the Oak Creek Farmers Market! To stay in touch, subscribe to our newsletter. We’ll send periodic updates on vendors, behind the scenes looks, and any special events that are coming up!